May 24th lunchbox

BREAKFAST: Was in the gym at 6.44am this morning.... first time in a month.

Returned to have a swell bowl of Cornflakes with semi-skimmed milk.


THE WALK to WORK

THE rain and wind tested by umbrella handing skills to the limit this morning. Down the Taff Trail and the home of Glamorgan County Cricket Club, Sophia Gardens, was looking particularly sad this morning.

A cyclist waved as she passed me on the trail, turned out to be work colleague Anna Morrell. She later explained how she dreads passing pedestrians on the trail sporting i-Pods... good to get a cyclist perspective for a change!


THE lunchbox:

1 plum
1 organic banana.
4 chicken sandwiches on granary bread
1 Toffee flavoured Muller Light Yoghurt
1 slice of Chocolate Crunch made by Plugs of Trumpton


PLEASE don't panic it's only a fire drill!

Was feeling rather hungry this morning on the account of being all macho and going to the gym at such an early hour.

Chocolate Crunch went first, followed by the banana and then the plum (very nice too). I then had the sandwiches just before midday, followed by the yoghurt










RANDOM THOUGHT

HOLLYWOOD cannot get enough of the new must have religion, umbrellaology.
The religion's founders are all avid fans of the musical Singing in the Rain and embrace umbrellas as a symbol of healing, love and humility
The umbrella is the essence of life and the fact that we should always rejoice in life, whatever the circumstances... like when it rains, which by the way is hardly ever in Hollywood!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I suggest you take a rain cheque.

Peter D in Reading
Anonymous said…
Do umbrellaologists seek the "Br-olly Grail"?

Chuck, New Orleans
Anonymous said…
I enjoy reading your blog. Are you making your own sandwiches these days?

Eddie, Church Village.
Sion Barry said…
Petra my wife used to make them, but since the birth of our baby three weeks ago I have taken on sandwich making duties
Anonymous said…
Hi Sion

Everyone here in the office of Wellington Co in Kaycee, Wyoming loves your blog - it's so kooky! But we were wondering... how do you pronounce your first name? We think it's SY-onn. Is that right?

Have a cool lunch!
Sion Barry said…
Not quite. It is pronounced the same as Sean (Irish) or Shaun (English).

Translated from Welsh it means John or sometimes Jack.

Anyway I guess it is still pretty early in Wyoming, but have a great lunch later too.

Sion
Anonymous said…
Like the song goes. "Raindrops keep falling on my bread."

All the best.

Graham, Abergavenny.
Anonymous said…
Yeah most of us just got here. Were we too late to catch your lunchtime? I can never remember the time zone between us and England.
Manjo said…
You can get those umbrellas with special holes to allow the wind to whistle through, while you remain dry. They require significantly less skilled handling than the more conventional kind.
Anonymous said…
Presumably the "hymns" at an umbrellaology service would include "It's Raining Men", "Purple Rain" and "Rain" by East 17.

Aaron in Porthcawl
Sion Barry said…
Thanks Manjo:

I've never heard of those fancy umbrellas before... perhaps you could get a few for your wedding? But hopefully the sun will be shining.

Congratulations

Sion
Ps Do you have David's medication?
Claire Fayers said…
It's days like this I'm glad I work from home half the week. Not only do I avoid the rain, I get to read about other people getting wet. Although my lunchbox then potentially consists of the entire fridge, which is not good.
Sion Barry said…
Hi Claire,

I agree that working from home avoids the need for rain avoidance.

I like rain, but it looks like here in Cardiff it is brightening up nicely.

Sion
Anonymous said…
The weather in Kaycee is AOK.
Sion Barry said…
I guess you get quite a few tornados in Wyoming.

I love America, but have only been to New York and California... Would you recommend the Mid-West?
Anonymous said…
Hell yes sir we do. But it's a beautiful day here today. Makes you want to get a soda and sit in the park for your lunch!
Manjo said…
We've had nothing but rain for days in Ireland. Today was my first lunchtime walk as we spied a glimpse of sunshine. Still the trusted brolly was at the ready just in case.
Sion Barry said…
A message from David... "When you come to Cardiff don't bring that rain with you"

I have never been to Belfast... do you think it is worth a visit?
Claire Fayers said…
It's not brightening up nicely in Cardiff any more - it's looking pretty grim out of my window and the wind spinners in the garden are going manic. The cats seem to be blaming me. It's hard being a weather god of feline mythology. (I hope you get some more sun in Ireland soon. My parents are heading out there for a week tomorrow.)
Sion Barry said…
Come on Claire just relax...

As Michael Jackson would say "Don't blame it on the sunshine (or lack of)"
Manjo said…
Like Zoe sang:

"Sunshine on a rainy day (sunshine)
Makes my soul, makes my soul drip, drip, drip away
Sunshine on a rainy day (sunshine)
Makes my soul, makes my soul drip, drip, drip away"

Belfast is worth a visit, it has a few nice old pubs and if you enjoy sectarian murals it's great. The north coast is more noteworthy.
Manjo said…
Have you seen what your blog is worth on blogshares?

Click here
Claire Fayers said…
Have you tried a cornflake fight? It has the added advantage that when all the flakes get crushed into the carpet you have a beach scene. And then you can pretend the rain is just some sea that's got lost.

Popular posts from this blog

May 31st lunchbox

May 23rd lunchbox