MONDAY'S LUNCH BOX

Mrs B was not feeling too good this morning ... but still insisted on getting out of bed to make my sandwiches _ perhaps one day they will make a film about her heroics!

The walk to work: The scenic route was taken this morning, through Pontcanna Fields and along the RiverTaff trail.

With my i-Pod on full blast I nearly got hit twice by cyclists from behind.

Squirrels were out and about in force. Spied one climbing high up a tree. I stopped for a minute to see if he would disappear inside the trunk, but alas no joy _ perhaps it only happens on the Discovery Channel.

The Lunch box.

4 ham sandwiches with tomatoes on white/brown bread.

2 chocolate digestive biscuits.

1 Strawberry flavoured Muller Light Yoghurt.

Banana, apple and two satsumas.


WHAT happened?

You guessed it... chocolate biscuits were gone by 11am.

Sandwiches, which I really enjoyed and think were enhanced by the presence of the tomatoes, were eaten at midday.

The yoghurt was a great way to round off lunch. Commented to my work colleague David how great the strawberry yoghurt was... he doesn't have a lunch box and goes out to buy sandwiches every lunch time.

The fruit was eaten in stages and was all gone by 2.30pm.

Later in the afternoon work colleague Aled Blake ( who is a huge Cardiff City fan) kindly gave me a frutella sweet _ many years since I had my last one and it brought back all sorts of memories of a long since closed cornershop in Grangetown, Cardiff, run by an Italian family.

Random Thought: Next time you are passing a bed and breakfast, why don't you ask if you can just have breakfast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 24th lunchbox

May 31st lunchbox