Substitution!



Good afternoon!


Sion Barry is away today and he has asked me to do the lunchbox report.
My name is Heinrich Van Peebles and I used to play bass in The Sion Barry Amplified Experience All-Stars. We were briefly big in Belgium.


I did not use a lunchbox today as a I bought a lamb-and-mint baguette from an Iraqi.


Also, I did not see any squirrels as I took a bus to work.


You might think this leaves me not a lot to write about. But I think it is worth noting that on this very day four years ago Sion’s uncle US President George W. Bush fainted after choking on a pretzel. Also, on the same day my much misunderstood cousin Michael Jackson received an Artist of the Century award at the American Music Awards.


Make of all this what you will. It was on this day in 1957 Elvis Presley recorded "Mean Woman Blues" and "That’s When Your Heartaches Begin" and "(There'll Be) Peace in the Valley (For Me)" in Hollywood. And in 1966 Ringo Starr and John Lennon left England on a vacation to Trinidad.


I hope you all had a good lunch and will have an even better one tomorrow!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 24th lunchbox

May 31st lunchbox