Feb 28th lunchbox
















MY lunchbox, without the lid on, weighs just under 200 grams


Breakfast: Very enjoyable bowl of Cornfakes with semi-skimmed milk

The Walk to Work.

There wasn't going to be one, but from a completely different direction one transpired.

Mrs B drove me down to the St David's Hotel and Spa in Cardiff Bay for the launch of the Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM), compiled by professors David Brooksbank and Dylan Jones-Evans... the terrible twins!

Got to the hotel for 8.00am, but the concierge had no knowledge of the event. I then rang the Hilton also in Cardiff, but they were just as bemused... found out later that it had been staged at the Wales Millennium Centre.

Mrs B dropped me at the top of Lloyd George Avenue which leads from Cardiff Bay to the centre of the capital. So I walked along it, but have to say I didn't see any wildlife, it was kind of spooky with hardly a soul around.

At the end of the avenue, although you have to walk under a railway bridge, is Callaghan Square, a commercial development which is home, amongst others, to law firm Eversheds.

The square itself is an interesting mix of water fountains, art work and shrubbery. Might be a nice place to have lunch this summer.

The Lunchbox

2 rich tea biscuits
2 ham and two sausage sandwiches (the remaining sausages from Mrs B's excellent bangers and mash last night) on granary bread
1 apple
1 banana
1 vanilla flavoured Muller Light Yoghurt
1 container of sliced strawberries, kiwi friut and red grapes.

Tell us what happened!

Biscuits were gone by 11am, I was feeling quite hungry so the sandwiches were consumed by 11.50am. I had the yoghurt just after midday and then went fruit crazy.


Random Thought

2312: Atlantic Ocean takes over from the Pacific as the world's biggest ocean.... map of the world has changed quite a bit and all that.

2195: First table tennis tournament on Mars is won by Tibet, who beat China in the final... very popular victory is this one.

2100: Israeli Government agrees to compensate the Egyptian Government for God's decision to slay all Egyptian first born in BC 1447, a drastic measure which led Pharoah to finally agree to let the Israelites, led by Moses, leave slavery in search of the Promised Land.

Comments

John Gilheaney said…
Shwmae Sion

Rhiwbeth ydy Lord Edwards of Huw, diolch 'n' fawr.

(Or, translated: I wonder if I can call on your lunchbox expertise).

I'm currently surviving on a morning diet of salt and vinegar Hula Hoops washed down with Lucozade (from the can, I might add, not the bottle).

This gives my text a kick I can tell you but, come mid-day, I'm flagging and my thoughts inevitably drift towards cans of Coca Cola and the chicken currys of Caroline Street.

I think a lunchbox is in order, could you recommend a trusted brand?

Cystad llaeth

Rome
Sion Barry said…
I would say go for an Addis lunchbox. You could go for one with fancy hinges, but my Addis lunchbox has plenty of room.
However,getting the lid on each moving is quite a hard task.

Your diet will probably change as a result too.

Keep smiling.
Anonymous said…
Dear Barry,
Your blog spot is the funniest thing I've seen in quite some time. Well done. I happened upon your blog after typing "Thinly Sliced Wiltshire Ham" into Google as you do. Anyway, keep up the good work - I shall be checking the contents of your lunchbox regularly. Also, How is Mrs B? Does she take her own lunchbox to work also? If yes, what's in there?

Popular posts from this blog

May 24th lunchbox

May 31st lunchbox