Augst 25th lunchbox

BREAKFAST: Pretty decent bowl of Cornflakes with semi-skimmed cold milk.

The Walk to Work: It had to be down the legendary Taff Trail, which follows what was today's slow moving River Taff into the centre of Cardiff _ where I exit _ and beyond.
A very animated chap stationery on his bike was talking to another bloke with a ruck sack on his back.
From 20 yards away I could see he was wearing large black gloves. He looked very amusing waving his arms about and occasionally pointing too.
It was then down the wood decking that forms the riverway walk, which is sandwiched between the Millennium Stadium and the River Taff.
Some 100 yards down and I had my first ever litter confrontation. As a gang of teenage boys approached, one threw a plastic bottle into the River Taff below. They all found it highly amusing.
I couldn't let it go, so said something like. "Very clever that mate.. well done" [sarcastic]

They were not very happy... but kept on walking. I had a vision of them turning and trying to throw me into the Taff as well, but they just moved on.


Lunchbox: For the second day running it is not needed as I am again in the corporate trough with another Irishman/Ulsterman _ this time Bill Mayne who hails from Belfast.

Random Thought




2070: The World Ice Hockey championships are held in the Antarctican capital of AmundScott.
The tournament is won by Ghana.

Have a hearty lunch and a memorable weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 24th lunchbox

May 31st lunchbox