August 13th lunchbox

Was live this morning on BBC Wales' flagship radio programme Good Morning Wales, talking about this blog... Well it would be rude not to.

Have weblogs replaced traditional diary entries was one question? Well yes they have.

Was also asked about the contents of my lunchbox. Presenter Richard Evans, who before the interview claimed that we were distantly related, seemed particularly interested in the nectarines and blackcurrant crumble which often are to be found within my Addis made lunchbox.

However, I was a little bit disappointed that I wasn't allowed to do my impression of First Minister for Wales Rhodri Morgan on air. He has appeared on this blog in podcasts on a number of times, including the sketch when he is hypnotised.
Presenters Richard and Bethan were very keen for me to do it, but the show's producer, my old mate Toby Mason, said something about it not being appropriate... state funding of the BBC and all that jazz I guess.


Breakfast

Back home from BBC Wales' studios in Llandaff, Cardiff, by 7.40am. Then devoured a bowl of Branflakes with semi-skimmed milk.

The Walk to Work.

Down the Taff Trail again, where I spied two terrier dogs emerging from a reed bank on the other side of the River Taff. They then ploughed into the river and were having a great time until their owner started stressing out and ordered them out of the water.

Lunchbox

4 sausage sandwiches on granary bread... the remains of last night's bangers and mash.
1 nectarine
1 banana
1 strawberry flavoured Muller Light Yoghurt
2 digestive biscuits.
some grapes.


All gone by midday, apart from the grapes and nectarine which are being held back until later this afternoon.
Managed to spill some yoghurt over my trousers, which have only just returned from the dry cleaners... oh dear!


Random Thought.


2007: One hit wonders the Buggles _ Video Killed the Radio Star _ have a minor hit in Latin America with Pinochet killed my sister in law

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sion,

I was sure my mother told me that somehow we shared a second cousin somewhere along the line. I may have been wrong. Perhaps it's because we look alike.

Great to have you on the show this morning, I'm even going to bring my own "breakfast box" into the studio now, inspired by your work. I might make some rhubarb crumble to take in as well.

Thanks again for coming in. My only regret is that you didn't get to do Rhodri - I would have done my Edwina Hart if you had.

All the very best.

Richard
Sion Barry said…
Hi Richard,

Enjoyed my 30 seconds of fame this morning.

Breakfast "boxism" would be an interesting development.

I have a feeling your Jane Davidson is pretty good too.

Best wishes

Sion (two lunchboxes removed)

Popular posts from this blog

May 24th lunchbox

May 31st lunchbox