September 1st lunchbox




Here I am with my daughter Isabella... have had a week off work and spent some great time with the family.

Breakfast: Invigorating 3 Weetabix with semi-skimmed cold milk; two pieces of toast, pint of water and a cup of tea.

This week I have recaptured the running bug.... plan my fifth in five days at midday.

When I was younger I always thought that perhaps I could make the next Olympics, probably as a 5,000 metre runner.

Now I just run to stop getting fat!

Lunchbox: As the small number of readers of this blog already know, it has been washed, dried and stored away until next week, as I have a week off work.

The weaning man is coming around this afternoon to explain how and when we should start feeding Isabella _ although Mr B has already consulted Gina Ford on this important matter.

RANDOM THOUGHT

My favourite athletes of all time include Brendan Foster, pictured above. And course in the UK we had the golden period of Coe and Ovett in the late 70s to the mid 1980s, but my number one favourite athlete of all time has to be Ray Smedley. He ran for Britain in the 1970s and didn't from memory win anything, but had a unique running style. He looked more like an accountant than a runner, but he would give it absolutely everything at a time when the sport was amateur.

Have a seriously good weekend and wondrous lunch!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Is there any chance that your lunch box menu may move (note the alliteration Sion) with the times and incorporate the health warning traffic light system so favoured by Mr Blair?
Sion Barry said…
Hello,

Calorie speed cameras along the Taff Trail could be an option.

Mr Blair as a traffic warden?

Popular posts from this blog

May 24th lunchbox

May 31st lunchbox