March 20 lunchbox

BREAKFAST: Bowl of Cornflakes with semi-skimmed organic milk.
Walk to Work: It was down the Taff Trail this morning, where I was glad to be wearing my overcoat as it was quite chilly... you old woman you!

Sun was glistening off the River Taff below and diggers of all description were beavering away at the home of Glamorgan County Cricket Club, Sophia Gardens, where a new 17,000 seater arena is being constructed.

Wildlife: Pretty low key this morning, apart from the odd crow on the ground looking for food.

Lunchbox
4 ham and tomato sandwiches
2 digestive biscuits
1 Rachel's organic yoghurt
1 banana
1 apple
1 satsuma
Random Thought
This picture was taken last year and I cannot find for love nor money one of the blue coolers. Not sure which is missing as they are identical and was not sad enough to mark them individually.
25 years later: I get a call from the Chinese embassy in London to say that the missing cooler has been found at the birth place of Chairman Mao.
I am 66 years old and living in San Luis Obispo... and not had a lunchbox for more than a decade.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Just a quick thought, Sion. You mention the cooling unit has gone missing, but you also don't seem to make much use of the mini lunchbox - formerly used for thinly sliced kiwi fruit and strawberry - very often these days. I trust it hasn't also gone missing.

Sue, Beddau.
Anonymous said…
Isn't it amazing how one year can age a person?

Anyway, I agree with Sue. I used to enjoy watching as you devoured those patiently-crafted slices of kiwi and strawberry. It was an absolute joy. Any chance of them making a comeback? I notice you've grown more of a fondness for lemon cake and the like, perhaps a reason for your premature ageing?

Chris, Tonyrefail
Sion Barry said…
Hi Sue,

Yes the mini lunchbox is still with us... thank the Lord!
Perhaps it's time for slice kiwi fruit and strawberries to make a come back.
I will be shopping in Tesco's at a very early hour on Saturday so will investigate.
Have a fruitful evening
Sion
Sion Barry said…
Hi Chris,

Lemon cake and the like? Yes I am becoming a middle-aged porker.

This is just the wake up call I need

Diolch
Sion

Popular posts from this blog

May 24th lunchbox

May 31st lunchbox