Christmas Eve lunchbox





I often think of death and people who have passed on.
Was thinking of my nan this evening, she lived into her eighties. She was a real character and I'm sure there is some video footage of her somewhere. Not a desire though to seek out and watch as I have all the memories I need.
She was born in Grangetown in Cardiff and her father and her sisters once ran a sweet making business, which I am assuming was around in the 1920s and 1930s, before she was married.
She really knew how to enjoy herself.
Anyway I do remember back in the 1970s we all went on an extended family trip to Weston-Super-Mare in England.
We went on the pier and had a great time in one particular show, which was the hall of mirrors. You know the sort of thing.... big head and tiny body, long body, mirrors that made you look really fat.
When we got outside Nan was laughing and pointing to us to look at her in a mirror just passed the exit.
"Look how fat I am," she called out.
It turned out be to a normal mirror! Anyway like my Nan cared... she lived through the war and the houses across from her in Penhaved Street were bombed by the Luftwaffe.
She didn't need any therapy or time off work.... at the time she was a widow and a cleaner in the local pub. I have other stories too, but perhaps for another time.
Happy Christmas Nan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 24th lunchbox

May 31st lunchbox