lunchbox October 14

Oh dear have neglected this hearty blog for a few weeks [just service the car Sion we're not interested!]
Was up at 6am as Isabella holds all the aces in the waking up stakes in our humble abode.
Walked to work at great pace this morning, down Cowbridge Road East which takes mankind and potentially Daleks into the centre of Cardiff.
Lunchbox:
That's at home, but I will be lunching with a Mr Nel and Mr Commerford, two heavyweight commentators on the media landscape.
Random Thought
A question was asked of me by an elderly gentlemen at a bus stop many years ago. It was circa 1973. He was probably over 80 and could have been born around 1893.
I am assuming he is dead [sorry I cannot recall what the precise question was, but no doubt centred around the time of the next bus].
But was thinking if he had come into contact with anyone born in the 18th century. That's probably unlikely but let's just say when he was two months old his great great uncle called in to say hello. If he was aged in his late nineties he could have been born around 1799.
The spread is widening but could he have encountered some born in 1699?... I am tiring of this.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm not absolutely certain but I believe Robert Llewellyn Jones was born circa 1782. Perhaps you could ask him and report back.
Sion Barry said…
I will when he returns from Paris.

SB

Popular posts from this blog

May 24th lunchbox

May 31st lunchbox