February 11 lunchbox

Cardiff is all quiet

This is Cardiff a city of 0.3 million and the capital of Wales.
Beyond the white building at the end of the street is the Millennium Stadium.

Walk to Work:

It was cold and damp so I quickened my pace into the centre of the city and my venue of income generation.

Lunchbox

4 ham sandwiches;
2 bananas;
some cherries;
1 apple


Random Thought:

Man: Where is the river?

Son: What river dad?

Man: The one that was here yesterday and has run through the middle of this village for thousands of years.

Son: Dad there is no river, or village, we are in the middle of a supermarket... one of the leading UK retailers to be precise.

Man: Okay son, I believe you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sion what the hell is going on?

The Environment Agency
Is this post an existential take on the march of capitalism and its effect on the market towns of Wales?

The random thought seems to suggest that each town will soon be a clone, only smaller in scale, of our cities. And I think the photo sums up nicely how developments like St David's 2 are sounding the death knell for smaller shops, such as those little gems found in Cardiff's numerous arcades.

Either that or I'm talking out of my keister.

Popular posts from this blog

May 24th lunchbox

May 31st lunchbox