Monday 30th January, Lunchbox



BREAKING NEWS.......

I have a new lunchbox. It came hurtling towards me out of the sky on Sunday afternoon as I stood in the centre of the tupperware circle of ancient stones (pictured left).

Having prayed to the lunchbox Gods for 13 mins & 7 seconds on the central stone of enlightenment, a new lunchbox was sent down from upon high.

And get this... they only sent to Earth a new Addis lunchbox _ the same size, coloured lid (identical is a better word), as my now retired lunchbox.

I had tried the conventional route of looking to buy a new one. I inspected a wide array of lock and hinge design boxes in numerous shops. However, they were either not the right width or depth... very disappointing as I really wanted one.

The Walk to Work:

Very nice walk today, although I was a bit worried as I was sporting a new pair of shoes and was aniticipating teething problems... but everything went fine _ but I put a pair of trainers in a shoulder bag just in case there were any foot problems.

Through Pontcanna Fields this morning again, where a great variety of birds were on display. A pair of Magpies landed on the river (Taff) embankment and immediately began hunting for food in the undergrowth.

Two blackbirds I also spied on a low lying tree branch. Squirrels were low key this morning... only saw one who looked extremely contented. The number of cyclists passing me on the Taff Trail was noticeable up this morning on last week.

The Lunchbox

2 chocolate digestive biscuits.
4 ham sandwiches with tomatoes on granary bread.
Combination of green and red grapes wrapped in tin foil.
1 Raspberry flavour Muller Light yoghurt.
2 Satsuma, 1 apple.
Smaller contained of thinly sliced strawberries and Kiwi Fruit.

How it was all consumed?

Yeah new Lunchbox... so excitement was in the air as I went for the chocolate biscuits at 11am, quickly followed by the grapes .... first time this year I have had grapes and hope to see them becoming a regular.

Waited an hour before demolishing the sandwiches

Then it was the yoghurt followed by the fruit frenzy.

Random Thought: I am not saying I am boring, but last night I was watching the test card [or the 10 day Ceefax weather forecast for readers under the age of 30] and the television switched itself off!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 24th lunchbox

May 31st lunchbox