Thursday 26th Jan, Lunchbox















Time is ticking on my dear old Lunchbox.

Went to see a Lunchbox consultant in Germany yesterday.

And Dr Berhard Von Schapps (pictured right above) gave it to me straight.

That crack in the box I told you about last week was thoroughly examined by Dr Von Schapps and his team.

Regrettably Dr Von Schapps said the crack will not heal... adding compassionately that the lunchbox is going to the big tupperware store up in the sky.


Dr Von Schapps (whose English was immaculate) said the only thing I could do was to make the last few months for the Lunchbox as peaceful as possible. He warned me that if I continued to use it to carry my lunch to work, then it could "go at any minute."

When he said that I nearly fainted.

So today he [the lunchbox and not Dr Von Schapps] is at home.... surrounded by loved ones and friends in our kitchen.

MY walk to work was again through Pontcanna Fields _ it felt well weird not have my shoulder bag with the lunchbox inside.

The sedate British Bulldog I saw yesterday was this morning almost running.


Today's Lunchbox _ there isn't one for reasons stated above.

Random Thought : I am really going to miss my Lunchbox. There are some great new lunchboxes out their with their fancy locking hinges, but in my heart they will never replace my "special lunchbox."


Ps Hello Greg. In answer to your question, well yes I did have a Crunchie yesterday afternoon... it was marvellous.

Dr Van Schapps _ I have checked and the insurance people say that the lunchbox is not covered on my medical insurance... oh dear!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 24th lunchbox

May 31st lunchbox