9th Feb, Lunchbox

Breakfast: 2 Weetabixs with a sprinkling of Cornflakes with semi-skimmed cold milk. Also had two pieces of toasted sliced granary bread with Olvio spread and blackcurrant jam.

The Walk to Work

The weather was significantly colder than yesterday.
A council van with a lawnmower in the back passed me on the Taff Trail. As it travelled ahead of me I decided to try and memorise its number plate _ my short-term memory is not the greatest. However, I think it was T241 PNA.

Over the River Taff, just down from Glamorgan County Cricket Club is a very nice passenger bridge taking you over to the grounds of Cardiff Castle.
As I approached it I have to explain that I was carrying a plastic Tescos bag containing this week's editions of the FT.
From the other direction came a man also carrying a Tescos plastic bag.... no idea what was inside his.

There was a moment of product carrying recognition as he turned to walk across the bridge..... but nohing like the dreaded same dress syndrome at weddings.

The Lunchbox....

Well there wasn't one today as I was out lunching with a South Wales businessman who was wise enough years ago to source his manufacturing from China.


Random Thought: 2103: First forest in Antarctica is opened by the great-great-great grandson of polar explorer Captain Scott.

Also in 2140, I think it will be some time in June, the first person over the age of 100 will break the 10 second barrier for the 100 metres


Job swap: Eastenders actress Wendy Richards (plays character Pauline Fowler) and chairman of UK supermarket chain, Morrisons, Sir Ken Morrison.... this is a bit left field compared to yesterday's but it could be a goer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 24th lunchbox

May 31st lunchbox