March 7th

Breakfast: Bowl of cornflakes with semi-skimmed milk.

The Walk to Work: Good to see some rain this morning. Took off with my umbrella and it was down the River Taff Trail.
The immaculate white Husky dog I see often was out walking on the other side of the river in the grounds of Cardiff Castle.
Two duck were on the path in front on me. Two yards before I reached them they quacked and took to the air... a fantastic sight indeed.
No squirrels today, not sure they are too fond of rain.

The Lunchbox:
1 chocolate cookie and a malted tea biscuit... interesting combination
4 ham and tomato sandwiches on granary bread.
1 strawberry flavoured Muller light Yoghurt... I never tire of them.
1 banana
1 apple
1 small container of grapes sliced kiwi friut and mango.

THE run of play
Biscuits were a delight and were gone by 11am. I then had the banana. Sandwiches fell in battle at midday, followed by the fruit sensation and the yoghurt.

RANDOM THOUGHT



MARCH 1st 2007: CHIEF executive of the National Botanic Garden for Wales Roy J Thomas (pictured top above and not bottom!) is eaten by a Triffid, which is on display in the garden's hot-house.

The Triffid ( a man eating plant) was a gift from the bosses at Kew Gardens in London.
Fortunately the Triffid had such a delicate palate that good guy Roy was regurgitated 10 mins later.

Mr Thomas said, "We had no idea it was a man eating plant. I was on my morning inspection and lent over to view the loveable creature, but before I knew it I was in its jaws and swallowed whole.... it sort of reminded me of being in a board meeting of the Welsh Development Agency!

"I was a bit shaken, but fortunately no permanent damage was done... being such a very good lawyer I am going to sue the arses off Kew Gardens!"


WORLD Premiere tomorrow on this blog of the Weather Sketch starring TV weather presenting heavyweights Sian Lloyd and Derek Brockway

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 24th lunchbox

May 31st lunchbox