May 30th lunchbox















THIS is my Addis Lunchbox...

I feel I have been neglecting it rather of late in my blog entries... really into my Random Thoughts at the moment.
I have decided to enter my faithful old companion into the Addis Lunchbox Banana Holding World Championships.
Here it is in training yesterday... and things are going fine. We have a strategy worked out and plan to increase the bananage by 1-2 a week over the next month.

We have no plans to go up to the Andes (well, not yet) for any altitude training.

WALK to Work.

THE sun's reflection was dancing off the River Taff this morning as I headed down the Taff Trail, which follows the legendary River Taff into the centre of Cardiff.

A tiny lady, who was well below 5ft tall, passed with her spaniel dog. Then a first on the Taff Trail for me... a discarded supermarket trolley up against a hedge!
No squirrels again today, but came across two inquisitive Magpies.

LUNCHBOX

4 ham sandwiches on granary bread
1 banana
1 plum
1 toffee flavoured Muller Light Yoghurt
2 Rich Tea Biscuits.

Excuse me, is this the right way for Kaycee Wyoming?

Biscuits were first to go, followed by the banana. Had the sandwiches just before midday, rounding things off with the plum and the yoghurt

RANDOM THOUGHT

2090: The Spaceship Effective Communications _ named after some Cardiff PR company turned magnetic boot manufacturer circa 2020, returns home after a 20 year expedition to Pluto.
Pictured above is not the spaceship by an image of the vice president of universal sales for Effective Communications Peter Bibby in 2020, explaining, via a global video link up, why the company is moving into the magnetic boot sector.
Demonstrating the boots in space he utters these profound words, "One small step away from PR, one giant step for our bank balances."

Tomorrow on this blog a podcast entitled The Welsh Forgettter of the Year.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Sion,
I reckon the lunchbox will do really well in the Banana holding Championships?

Are you going to use organic ones for the competition?

Richard from Preston
Anonymous said…
My mate told me about your blog and he said it was funny. I just don't get it though. Pretty poor if you ask me.

Jonathan Morgan
Sion Barry said…
Hi Richard,

Thanks for your comments. To be honest we will not know until the day of the competition, which is taking place in Costa Rica in August.

Best wishes
Sion
Sion Barry said…
Thanks Jonathan,

How do you think I feel... I have to write this stuff everyday.

Ps Stay vigilant on the NHS waiting list front
Anonymous said…
This is great! Mind you, lad, it's a long time since I had to bring my own lunchbox to work!

Gosh, so bored in the office today... Tony's on holiday and Gordon won't let me use his Scalectrix.
Anonymous said…
Dear Sion,

I understand you are thinking of becoming a vegan, and am glad. Imagine you were a cow, and instead of business articles you produced milk. Think of me coming to milk you!! You wouldn't like that, would you?

Think real hard about it. Even though you live in Wales you could be a world-class vegan.

Kind regards,

Natalie
Sion Barry said…
Hi Natalie,

Thanks for your comments... must say that the idea of being "milked like a cow," did stop me dead in my tracts.

Veganism? Anything is possible.

Sion

Popular posts from this blog

May 24th lunchbox

May 31st lunchbox