June 12th lunchbox

BREAKFAST: Very agreeable bowl of branflakes with a sprinkling of porridge oates.

Walk to Work.

Still very muggy this morning, despite the thunder storms earlier. Took the scenic route along the Taff Trail, which follows the River Taff into the centre of Cardiff.
I came across one of Wales's most affable senior civil servants, the Welsh Assembly's director for the department of Enterprise, Innovation and Networks, Gareth Hall.
Like myself Gareth is a keen walker to work to his new offices at Cathays Park close to the centre of Cardiff.
With cyclists whistling past at great speed, Gareth expressed genuine concern that a serious accident is bound to happen sooner rather than later on the legendary, but very narrow, trail.
I was wearing a blue shirt with a blue bag over my right shoulder (with my cricket kit and most importantly my lunchbox box inside).
Gareth, who is thinking of getting an i-Pod, thought I was a postman at first... I should be so lucky I said. (yeah... that's right)

LUNCHBOX
4 prawn sandwiches on granary bread
1 banana
1 peach
1 vanilla flavoured Muller Light Yoghurt


Can I have an extra slice of cake for my imaginary friend?

Had the banana first, then the sandwiches (which were excellent) then the peach and finally the yoghurt

RANDOM THOUGHT

2090: The UK's last postman retires in Lerwick, Scotland. Advances in technology mean we no longer need them... much to the disappointment of the UK's dog population.

Tomorrow's podcast... not sure what about yet, but will conjure something up at home tonight.... after the cricket.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Sion

How fitting that prawn sandwiches are in your lunchbox on the day Roy Keane retires from professional football. Was this a deliberate ploy? And were they King Prawns, or just average ones?

All the very very best to you,

Jason, Ystalyfera
Sion Barry said…
Hi Jason,

No idea about Keane's retirement.

Just average prawns, like the ones in corporate hospitality at Manchester United.

Popular posts from this blog

May 24th lunchbox

May 31st lunchbox