June 7th lunchbox




THE Fairy Drum Mother Podcast


CLICK HERE TO HEAR IT

BREAKFAST: Nice bowl of Branflakes with semi-skimmed milk.

The Walk to Work
Another sunny morning as I headed off to work along what I thought would be my usual route down the Taff Trail which leads into the centre of Cardiff.
However, within a few minutes, I came across good friend Toby Mason, who by day/night is a rather good producer at BBC Wales.
So we walked down Kings Road in Canton, a street in which my late Uncle David managed to live in three adjoining houses in his life.
It all started back in the 1940s at No 60, along with his nine brothers and sisters, including of course my dad.
They then all moved to No 62, in the late 40s/early 50s.
Then years later in the 1970s Uncle David decided to buy the house next door No 64..... apologies to my extended family if the numbers are wrong, put you know what I mean.
I then whistled down Cowbridge Road and over Canton Bridge into the centre of Cardiff... this route is about 10 mins quicker than the more tranquil Taff Trail one.

Lunchbox
4 salmon (tinned variety) on granary bread with a hint of lemon juice
1 banana
1 apple
1 Cherry flavoured Muller Light Yoghurt.


WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T OPEN THAT DOOR.

Have to say all the contents of the lunchbox were gone by 11.30am!

RANDOM THOUGHT

2090. The first fruit machine strike is held in Las Vegas.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sion

Did you know that the Kings Road in Chelsea was named as a tribute to the Canton equivalent, which itself was named after King Arthur.

Colin, Mountain Ash
Sion Barry said…
Hi Colin of MA.

I had no idea... thank's for that.
Sion Barry said…
Hi Cornflake King,

I am going to buy a big box this weekend.

Ps What sort of milk are you using these days?

Popular posts from this blog

May 24th lunchbox

May 31st lunchbox