January 12 lunchobx

BREAKFAST: Much needed bowl of 3 Weetabix with hot milk, two pieces of toast, much water and a cup of lemon juice and boiled water.

Last night I had a few drinks with these gentlemen in the centre of Cardiff: Ian Williams, Ian Courtney, Brian Morgan, Mark Barry [brother] and the truly magnificent Robert Llewellyn-Jones.

That was fun, but not so funny on waking up with an imperial hangover.


Walk to Work
It was down Cowbridge Road East that takes you into the centre of Cardiff. Cannot even remember if I had my i-Pod on.

Lunchbox: Decided to give it a well deserved day off


RANDOM THOUGHT




Not sure, but I think these boots might belong to the affable Gareth Hall... Wales's greatest ever living civil servant.


HAVE A SENSATIONAL WEEKEND

Comments

Anonymous said…
Do you find that Weetabix is a good cure for a hangover Sion? I'd be intrigued to know what your vertict on that is.

It would be good if we could meet over a coffee to discuss this matter. Please, let me know.

Kind regards,

Eric
Anonymous said…
Sorry - I meant verdict! Oh dear!

Apologies for my typo Sion. I'm sure you understand.

Pass on my regards to Brian and the gang.

Eric
Anonymous said…
Dear Sion,

It has been around a day since I invited you for coffee to discuss the merits of Weetabix as a cure for a hangover.

But you have not given me the decency of a reply. Do you treat all your blog readers with similar contempt?

I would be grateful if you could let me know when you are available as my wife Dilys suffers with wind and needs round-the-clock care which means I need to ask my neighbour, Steve, to look after her in my absence.

Good manners are free, Sion. I hope you remember this.

Kind regards

Eric
Sion Barry said…
Eric,

In answer to your question: To be honest the damage on a hangover is already done by breakfast the next morning. Might be an idea to drink a pint of water and take an aspirin before going to bed.
So really Weetabix are more of a psychological thing with me:Always feel a little bit better, but not a million dollars.

As for meeting for a coffee Eric... sure, but why not bring Dilys and Eric too?

Perhaps there is money to be made for charging for good manners.

Peace out.

Sion
Anonymous said…
Why don't you do some proper investigative journalism, you small minded hack? Like, whether the Merlin contract at the NAfW is vfm? All those consultants. Try starting with spending your time on something worthwhile rather than your obsession with the (late) WDA and now Garteh Hall at WAG. Get a life and serve the public or go and work for Nuts with the rest of the tits.
Sion Barry said…
We've done all that Merlin overspend stuff and all the fees to the lawyers etc etc.

You need to chill out my friend.

Popular posts from this blog

May 24th lunchbox

May 31st lunchbox