March 14 lunchbox

BREAKFAST: Bowl of Branflakes with semi-skimmed cold organic milk

The Walk to Work: My left foot is still swollen, so Mrs B kindly dropped me into work again this morning.

Lunchbox: Not required today, as I am in the corporate trough with the communications team at Admiral.

Random Thought



This is Penarth Pier in South Wales. Circa 1975 I sprinted energetically to the end of the pier and back on a very pleasant summer's evening.
It felt amazing, perhaps the fatest I had ever run.
My father and his friend Brian Pimberley were timing it. When I passed the finishing line, they confirmed a time of around 40 seconds.
I had it in my head that the distance to the end of pier and back was 400 metres. So you could imagine as a 10 year-old I was pretty excited at what seemed like a world record for the distance.
I have been back to the pier many times since and it is probably no more than 100 metres long.
What would my time be now? Well, I would need to get fit, but I would like to think I could come in at under 35 seconds.
What is the point to this? There really isn't one. But there will come a stage when I will not be able to beat 40 seconds, even if say at the age of 70 I am in great condition.

Anyone fancy an ice cream?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Sion

Great blog today - really enjoyed it. Sorry to hear about your foot, you won't be sprinting anywhere at this rate!

I was wondering - can you recall the colour of the jacket normally worn by the owner of the immaculate white husky? I regularly see a white husky on the fringes of the Taff Trail in the morning, being walked by a lady in a purple jacket. Do you think it's the same one?

Best wishes

Gareth Chalmers, of Gabalfa.
Sion Barry said…
Gareth,

Yes I believe it is purple.
She has blondish hair and I would say she was in her late forties.
Sometimes she is walking with the owner of the slow moving British Bulldog.


Sion
Sion

Which corporate trough are you at this Saturday?

Best wishes from Miami

Dylan 'Crockett' Jones-Evans
Sion Barry said…
British Gas.

Watch out for those Columbians and try and get Dave upgraded on the flight home.

"I will not be lectured on economics by an academic!"

Popular posts from this blog

May 24th lunchbox

May 31st lunchbox