July 12 lunchbox


Breakfast:
Very loyal bowl of Branflakes with semi-skimmed organic cold milk.


Walk to Work:
It was down Cowbridge Road East this morning as my route into the centre of Cardiff. Cannot remember anything of particular note, but yes there were cars, buses, cyclists and people of all different ages and sizes.


Lunchbox:
not required today: out for lunch at Laguna in the centre of Cardiff with Rhian Kooy of PwC.
Business/pleasure/philosophy all intermingled.


Random Thought



The alarm has been ringing for an hour I do not stir, but the world still turns.
In seconds flat I leave the house and start to run as best I can.
I'm going to be late for a crucial make or break deal... I'm not going to make it.
I'm slowing down and fall to the ground. I find a park and a wooden bench... it has just gone 9am and the sun is coming out.
I've passed this park many times, but I've never seen it looking so peaceful and beautiful.
Tell the wife my children young? Yes I will... it's not the end of the world.
I turn for home, the pressure lifted. This is the start of my new life.
I kiss my wife and hug the kids... they are so happy to see me.
We are going to be just fine.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I work in the call centre at Communications Direct.
I just read your poem to my colleagues. We all wept. Everyone of us.
Thank you.

John, Communications Direct.

Popular posts from this blog

May 24th lunchbox

May 31st lunchbox