March 5 lunchbox

NOT BEEN in the blogging frame of mind for the last few days. The other week I noticed in a street near our humble abode a pair of football boots wrapped around the telephone line some 15 feet up high.
Whoever threw them might have been there all day trying to get them to catch, or were extremely lucky with their first attempt.
Or perhaps a poor kid has been bullied en route home from football practice. A gang had stolen his boots and then laughed cruelly while doing the dastardly deed.
Perhaps people making and receiving calls in the street now start talking in football cliches: game of two halves, only takes a second to score a goal - you know the kinda stuff.
If they are still there [the boots that is] I might video them and host on this site, but perhaps my chairman will call me in and say Sion you have to go.


Breakfast:
On side and back of the net bowl of Weetabix with hot semi-skimmed organic milk.


Walk to Work:
Middle of the table jaunt down Cowbridge Road East and into the centre of Cardiff _ a promotion seeking city in the UK.


Lunchbox:
It was relegated at home and didn't make an appearance. Had lunch in a peculiar cafe in a well groomed Cardiff department store with old friend Mario Risoli.
We had some coffee and cake.... now that is an ambitious club!


Random Thought:


Kick a ball against a wall, until you mum calls you in for tea.
I should use my right more, but I like kicking constantly with my left.
The residents inside have not complained, so I will keep kicking my football against this great big red brick wall.
There is snow in the air and it is getting dark, but I like that and so does my football.

Comments

Gary Bainbridge said…
I wonder, Mr Barry, do you mix the hot milk into the Weetabix to make a sort of wheaty porridge, or do you just eat the individual "bix" in the conventional manner? I'm no purist in this matter, but I'm curious to see where you stand.
Sion Barry said…
My technique is pour all over and then use a spoon to get a thorough covering... not a fan of having dried bits to eat.

Have a wonderful breakfast

Sion
Unknown said…
"I noticed in a street near our humble abode a pair of football boots wrapped around the telephone line"...
Such displays of knotted shoes over phone lines supposedly indicate the local drug dealer has new supplies for sale.
Every day's a school day!
Sion Barry said…
The streets of Cardiff are not like those in Manchester and Liverpool... me hopes anyway.

But you could be right!!

Sion

Popular posts from this blog

May 24th lunchbox

May 31st lunchbox