March 9 lunchbox



BEEN listening to Led Zeppelin [with the headphones on], while trying to pen a 3,000 report which involves trying to estimate the population of those born in Wales living outside of the UK; English football club web-based television channels and what revenues they generate, Ofcom and EU proposals for regulating web-based TV; a little bit about IPTV... just the run of the mill Sunday evening sort of stuff.

When I was a teenager I was a massive Led Zeppelin fan and when John Bonham [the drummer] died in 1980 I was gutted. I was 14 at the time.

Anyway, not really listened to them for years, until my older brother Mark bought me a LZ album last November for my birthday... one of those compilation things that every band repackages every couple of years.

So where is this going? [well don't look at me!].
Okay, well for me it's a great trip down memory lane... and what a band! They played the O2 concert last year with Bonham's son on drums, and were pretty awesome. I'm listening in to this CD as I type and they really rocked! [wheel chair quickly for me]

Mrs B has been ironing constantly this evening and she has been laughing as I try and sing like Robert Plant.

During a commercial break [I went to the fridge to get a can of Guinness... during the rugby yesterday my father estimated that I'm 75% Irish] we had a little chat about LZ and she said she thinks they are awful, simply awful... even Stairway to Heaven.


Anyway, my 'Levee' didn't break. But I hope we in Wales are not under water tomorrow., terrible storms on the way... and I cannot simply "Ramble on"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 24th lunchbox

May 31st lunchbox