July 29 lunchbox


Breakfast:
Joyful and songful bowl of Weetabix with semi-skimmed organic milk.... I am alive and I intend to keep it that way.

Walk to Work:
It was down Cowbridge Road East which is wide enough to accommodate an army marching on its stomach into the centre of Cardiff.


Lunchbox:
Oh dear I forgot about that today. So into M&S in the centre of Cardiff for a banana, some orange juice and a salmon sandwich.

Was also on an errand to find some pyjamas for Isabella: a vest and shorts style purchase I had in mind as the nights in South Wales this last week have been very clammy.


I tried this shop and that with the success of any dad in a girls' clothing dept. In one shop a rather rotund lady asked me what the price was of an item.... it was time to exit. But at the next shop, it was Mothercare, I had success!!


Random Thought.

Plumbing a washing machine I had a dream
All shopping had migrated online and the high streets on Saturdays were silent
I looked to the north as far as the eye could see and I could make out an army marching purposefully down from the mountains.


I happened to have a pair of binoculars and as I twisted them this way and that it was clear as clear can be... at the front leading this far from ramble like crowd was an old shopping trolley piping what could only be an enchanting tune.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May 24th lunchbox

May 31st lunchbox