August 29th lunchbox


BREAKFAST: Magical bowl of Cornflakes with semi-skimmed cold milk... a real winner.


In yesterday's blog entry I was struggling to maintain my position hanging from a tree. Well I got a second wind, but my technique is admittedly not the best.

In the distance? That's not a clandestine meeting of the KKK, but some people playing bowls.


Lunchbox: Off work for a week for it's washed, dried and stored away.

Lunchbox: That's some time off at the time of writing [ 7.84am GMT], but I will probably make some bruschetta using the bread I made yesterday.







And that bread is absolutely delicious.
I think I am going to make quite a bit more in the weeks, months, years ahead.

When the skies turn dark and you sense your way home.
When the greenest of the landscape is a long forgotten treasured land.... stop it immediately!




RANDOM THOUGHT


2010: Ticket sales for former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair's I am not a liar tour, are not going very well!

Comments

Claire Fayers said…
Impressive looking loaf. Isn't it wonderful that we've evolved from creatures who hang in trees to people who grow and harvest wheat, mill it, package it, transport it hundreds of miles and sell it to someone who turns it into something edible. And then goes and hangs in a tree.
Sion Barry said…
Hi Claire,

We have enough bread on this planet, but not everyone can eat it.

Trees? I think we need more of them and in the right places too.

Hanging around

Sion
Anonymous said…
Mmmm mmm. I like the look of your big crusty loaf Sion. Mmmmm. Crusty.

An admirer.

Popular posts from this blog

May 24th lunchbox

May 31st lunchbox